Sunday, May 6, 2018

Stop the Summer Slide!


There's a lot of buzz around the term "summer slide"!  I can say that I have seen the effects of students losing academic ground from lack of reading during the summer.  I think one of our many jobs as teachers is to help parents realize that regardless of what language they speak at home, students can continue learning all summer long. It doesn't have to be fancy, complicated or expensive... and it can be in whatever language the parent knows best!  



 So, I created a one-page handout (freebie in my TpT store!) to send home at the end of the year.  I was also lucky enough to get a DonorsChoose.org project funded so that all my students can take home a Summer Bridges Activity Book whether they want it or not, ha!  If you are interested in getting started for the first time on DC, leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment