Thursday, May 17, 2018

To Cry or Not to Cry?

Picking a name for my business and blog was a real challenge.  By the time I got in the game, all the good names seemed taken.  Not much rhymes with Denise (lease, police, fleece), you see what I am saying.  So, I started googling names of books and movies looking for inspiration and eventually landed on There's No Crying in Teaching.  First of all, who doesn't love Tom Hanks?  Second, I love his whiny voice and can imagine myself shouting, "There's NO crying in fourth grade!"

Originally, I had a tag line:  There's No Crying in Teaching... well, maybe, sometimes.  But, NEVER in front of the class, ever!  But, it was way too long and there are legitimate reasons to shed a tear (like every time I read Faithful Elephants or Hickory Chair).  You get the idea.  Just save those kind of tears for the car ride home.  As a matter of fact, I am going to my car to have a "The school year is almost over and the kids are completely checked out" cry!

No comments:

Post a Comment