Monday, June 4, 2018

Planners! What's All the Fuss?

There sure is a lot of fuss this time of year about what teacher planner to get!!  I looked at several different brands and they were pretty similar.  Each brand has calendars, planning pages, checklists I will never use, and pretty covers. It comes down to personal quirky preferences, in my opinion. 

Nothing stood out to me as a "must have".  Until... I discovered that you can create your own covers on Erin Condren.  Not the one where you upload a bunch of family photos (did that one last year).  This one is 100% your design. That sold me!

I will show you the PNG I created on Canva.com for free!  Tips to create yours is underneath my creation!  So, scroll down past the picture. 

 Note:  The blank space at the bottom of the picture is where your name will appear on the final product.

To create your own image on Canva, use the custom dimensions instead of a template.  Type in 2805 x 3630 and change the in/mm option to px.  I used an online calculator to determine the pixels to match professional level photos.  So, 2805x3630 px = Design.

Once you are at the next screen, you can customize the template any way you like.  There are free photos and illustrations to use and/or upload your own.  Don't forget-- if you are making your own Erin Condren cover, leave space at the bottom for your name!

When you are ready, save it as a PNG on your desktop and you are all set!  Have fun and happy planning!  Denise


**I don't get paid a dime by EC, just a fan of this year's planner :)


No comments:

Post a Comment